You’re not “too sensitive”!
Are you tired of …
- …being easily overwhelmed by things nobody else even notices?
- …feeling blind-sided by the intensity of your own emotions?
- …hearing, “Why do you have to take everything so personally?” and “You’re just too sensitive”?
- …wondering, What’s wrong with me?
I believe every highly sensitive Christian woman can find freedom and enjoy peace.
“I have never felt more known than in what you have written here.
Tears. You get me. Better yet, Jesus gets me!”
- …feeling supported by a community of women who get you because they’re just like you.
- …being able to predict overwhelming situations and prevent them from exhausting you.
- …knowing how to recalibrate your emotions in the moment —without over-reacting or faking “fine.”
- …using your God-given gifts of empathy and compassion to minister to others.
- …getting to know yourself well and learning to love yourself, as well.
When you join the Sensitive and Strong community, you’ll feel understood, you’ll be encouraged, and you’ll discover the strengths of your tender heart.
Hi, I’m Cheri. I’m delighted you’re here!
Growing up, I was an easily-overwhelmed, highly-reactive child. I heard the same words, over and over again:
- “You are such a crybaby / attention-seeker / drama queen!”
- “Why do you take everything so personally?”
- “You are just too sensitive.”
I took these messages to heart, believing that something was very wrong with me.
As an adult, determined to find and fix my defects, I bought and devoured the self-help shelves of Barnes & Noble. Attended church and Bible study religiously. Sat in the front row taking copious notes at workshops, seminars, and retreats. But no matter how hard I tried, I remained as easily-overwhelmed and highly-reactive as ever.
Discovering that who I am is well within bounds for a “Highly Sensitive Person” has changed everything. Now that I’ve quit trying to be like everyone else, I’m enjoying new-found freedoms that have brought me contentment, peace, and unexpected joy.
And I want these same freedoms for you!
“Tonight I found out what HSP is by clicking on a friend’s Pinterest post linked to you.
I swear I said “YES!!!” to nearly all the self-quiz questions.
I have been reading almost every post of yours for the last several hours.
I used to think, ‘It’s exhausting being me.’
But now I feel like I actually make sense!”
This blog is here for you. And I’d love to hear from you!